I remember when I was pregnant with Cameron, who is now 7, somebody told me to "enjoy the journey". That is true for most of life's adventures but in particular the next 40 weeks to come. To have a person grow inside you, it was an incredible feeling. My pregnancy with Cameron was super easy and one I definitely enjoyed. When he was almost 2 we decided it was time for more, but nature had other plans. After 5 miscarriages we had to go through IVF. I was blessed with identical twins, and my pregnancy with them was challenging but still a miracle I treasured and enjoyed.
Now, with 3 boys and being busy and challenged ALL the time was definitely sure I did not want any more kids. Today I had to go to my OBGYN for a routine check up and on my way I wondered whether I would be "sad" that I won't be pregnant EVER again. But, to my surprise, I was laughing inside. I saw these women struggling to sit and stand up, moaning every time they moved, and whispering to their husband: "shit, I have to pee AGAIN!” So, even though it was an amazing experience that I am very glad I didn't take for granted, I don't miss that!
And to answer my question whether I want more kids... well today was a difficult day and my boys helped me remember that 3 are definitely ENOUGH!
I love my 3 boys, but some days I feel like sticking a fork in my eye... like today. I am glad for modern technology to be able to go back to pictures and videos to remind me of their early stage. As much as I enjoyed them as babies, I am very happy to enjoy THEIR journey to LIFE.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI remember that wonderful feeling (most of the time) of having life inside you. But I was happy with just 2 especially when they were teenagers. Then when they went off to college, I wanted another. Now with 4 grandkids...I've got plenty. LOL
ReplyDeleteSo I think you always have it in the back of your mind...maybe another. And then you move on.
Congratulations on your first blog Claudia! I'm excited to not only follow your journey...but to also be a part of it my friend!!
ReplyDelete