Now I know why I always though older people are grumpier. I am becoming one!
Things are starting to bother me now… things that never bothered me before.
Loud noises, this one really made me laugh. I never thought I will get annoyed at kids being loud while playing outside; especially if they are not my kids. My neighbor‘s kids were riding their bikes and were yelling while I was inside and could hear them, and I actually looked outside the window and said: “punks!”. What was that? I asked… well it was me getting older and grumpier.
Traffic, I can’t stand fast drivers. Again, never thought that I would get angry at people driving faster than me and saying things like: “where are the cops when you need them.” I used to love driving a little faster than the limit and did not mind passing people. I think things change when you have kids too; you become less daring and think about consequences.
Lines… well, people cutting lines. What is up with that? I just want to get in their faces and ask them if they were taught about lines.
Phone conversations! This is so ironic, because when I turned 15 we got a phone in the house, and my mom had to actually put a lock on the phone (we had rotary phones back then) because I talked on the phone too much. Today I HATE to talk on the phone, I much rather email my friends with plans or questions. Make it quick and painless.
I tend to be “less” understanding about other people’s time. When friends tell me that they don’t have the time to check email is hard for me to understand it. I wonder, how long does it take to open email, how long does it take to glance at the title or who is from. Move with technology people! Or some people who don’t work and don’t have kids tell me that there is no food in their house because they did not have the time to go grocery shopping. That just kills me!
What happened with “go with the flow”, or “live and let live”? I just want to make sure I am happy and comfortable and screw the rest. I am a lot more selfish these days as well. I used to run my life according to what made me happy … as long as everybody around me was happy as well. Sometimes that meant having to “accommodate” other people before me. Well… not anymore.
What does this say about when I get to my 60s!!! Oh my GOD, help us all. It is going to be a true test to my friends and family. If at 40 am already becoming a GRUMPY OLD LADY, what will I be when I am 60. OH LORD HAVE MERCY!

No comments:
Post a Comment